The town of Hawley is located at the northernmost end of Lake Wallenpaupack – the gateway to the scenic Lake Region of Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains and the Upper Delaware River Corridor. A town of beauty with history and culture rich in natural resources, residents and visitors enjoy nearly 24 acres of protected greenspace within the Hawley Borough park system, while also experiencing Hawley’s many shopping, dining, lodging, educational, and recreational/leisure opportunities.
Considered by many as the “hometown” of the Lake Wallenpaupack area, Hawley’s quality of life and proximity to large population centers including New York, Philadelphia, and Connecticut make it a perfect place to live, do business, or just get away from it all.
- Great Curb Appeal!
- Benjamin Moore & Co. sponsored the storefronts in town to be painted under their “Main Street Matters” program.
- Borough implemented new benches and planters throughout Main Avenue.
- Main Street was recently re-paved
- Heavy vehicle traffic:
- 9.000 cars travel through Hawley daily*
- 12,000 travel the Route 6 corridor*
- Hawley is located within 10 miles of a major highway: Route 84* (17,000 ADT)
- Increased foot traffic:
- Hawley loves Festivals
- Hawley Winterfest
- Hawley Harvest Hoedown
- Hawley Earth Fest
- Hawley loves Festivals
- The train is returning to Hawley
- 30%+ of our full-time population are Baby Boomers. “The Most Valuable Generation”. According to Nielsen, They control 70% of the nation’s disposable income and 30% of them live in and around Hawley full-time. 2nd homeowners and visitors to the area increase that number significantly.
- Lower than the national unemployment rate – June 2014: 5.3%**
- Lower crime rate than the national average**
- Natural resources: Lackawaxen River, Delaware River, Lake Wallenpaupack, hiking trails, waterfalls
- Attractions: Antiquing, Shopping, Hawley Silk Mill, Train, Canal Park at Lock 31
- 50 million people live within a three-hour radius. Hawley is located 90 miles from NYC, 120 miles from Philadelphia
Visitors to the area:
The main purpose of a trip to the Pocono Mountains:
- 40% visit family & friends
- 11% outdoor activity
- 9% touring
- 8% visit a resort
Travel spending in the Pocono Mountains
- Lodging: $337.9 million
- Recreation: $608.6 million
- Retail: $524.9 million
- Food & Beverage: $559.4 million
* PA Department of Transportation Traffic Volume Map Published Dec 2013
** Sperling’s BestPlaces: www.bestplaces.net
Chambers of Commerce
Wayne County Chamber of Commerce – http://visitwaynecounty.com