Hawley BikeShare is a community-based bike share program brought to you by the Downtown Hawley Partnership and the generous support of our local businesses. Bikes are loaned out, free of charge!
Purchased through the generosity of the members of the Downtown Hawley Partnership, these 12 new bicycles are available in two sizes, in both men and women’s styles, and are geared for ease of use. Bikes will be available at four convenient locations throughout Hawley:
- AM Skier Insurance
- The Settlers Inn
- The Ledges Hotel
- Lake Region Fitness at the Hawley Silk Mill
The bikes come complete with a helmet, lock, and removable basket for carrying purchases from local shops.
Hawley BikeShare is designed to encourage people to explore all the community has to offer; to visit the local businesses and explore a little further afield. Biking provides a connection to the community and to the natural beauty of the area. And because it’s people-powered, it’s a sustainable – and healthy – way to see the sights. Recapture the joy of biking you had as a child, or perhaps join your kids for a family outing.
The rules are simple. An interested individual simply provides a copy of his or her driver’s license (or other photo ID), signs a waiver and rental agreement holding the Partnership harmless in the event of injury and accepting responsibility for the cost of any and all damages. Bicycles need to be returned by dusk the same day. Though rentals are initially limited to those over 18 years of age, depending on the response, the program may be extended in the future to those over 16 years of age.
BikeShare Rules & Regulations
1. Cyclists must be 18 years or older.
2. Hawley BikeShare Rental Agreement and Liability Release must
be completely filled out and signed.
3. Hawley BikeShare operates from dawn until dusk. The Program will not
operate during inclement weather.
4. Borrower is responsible for all damages, including but not limited
- Stolen bike or parts
- Flat tire or bent rim
- Any other damage that makes bike inoperable
5. Any Borrower not returning bicycle or equipment by dusk will be
reported to Hawley Police Department and subject to fines.
6. Helmets are strongly encouraged. Helmets and locks are provided.
7. Bicycles are vehicles and should act and be treated as such on the roadway. Laws that apply to motorists apply to bicyclists as well. Pennsylvania Bicycle Driver’s Manual is available online here –> BicycleManual
What do I need?
You must be 18 years old and have a current, valid driver’s license or
state-issued photo ID.
Where do I borrow a bike?
Bikes are available at various locations around town for your
– The AM Skier Insurance Agency at 209 Main Avenue
– Lake Region Fitness, Hawley Silk Mill at 8 Silk Mill Drive
– The Ledges Hotel at 119 Falls Avenue
– The Settlers Inn at 4 Main Avenue
Where can I ride the bike?
Wherever you choose, as long as you are not trespassing.
How long can I use a bike?
The bike must be returned on the same day as borrowed.
Can I reserve a bike to use?
Bikes are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Bikes are available in both men and women configurations and in two sizes.